Las Vegas is a fun place to come and let loose. Many visitors enjoy all that Vegas has to offer, including the alcohol. There’s nothing wrong with indulging in a few drinks, but when too much alcohol is consumed in a short period of time, it can lead to alcohol poisoning. Alcohol poisoning can be dangerous and even deadly, so it’s important to know what to look for and what to do in the event that alcohol poisoning occurs.

What are the signs of alcohol poisoning?

Some common signs of alcohol poisoning are vomiting, passing out, low body temperature, slowed breathing, confusion, pale or blue skin, and seizures. Someone with alcohol poisoning does not necessarily show all of these symptoms. If someone is unconscious and can’t be woken up, it’s important to seek medical attention.

What are the complications associated with alcohol poisoning?

Alcohol poisoning can cause many complications such as choking, brain damage, severe dehydration, hypothermia, seizures, and even death. Even if someone recovers from alcohol poisoning, there can be permanent damage to the brain and body. It’s important to get help right away.

What should you do if you think someone might have alcohol poisoning?

If someone is showing the symptoms associated with alcohol poisoning, you should get help immediately and call 911. Alcohol poisoning should not be taken lightly. You should not assume that someone will recover with time.

While waiting for professional help to arrive, you can assist someone with possible alcohol poisoning by trying to keep them awake. Keeping someone awake and alert is the most important thing. Keep them actively engaged by asking questions. It’s also important to keep them sitting up. If the person cannot sit up, then make sure they’re lying down with their head turned to the side so they don’t choke on their own vomit.

When drinking heavily, it’s best to designate someone in the group to stay sober and alert in case any trouble arises. You can prevent alcohol poisoning by drinking in moderation, staying hydrated with water, and making sure to eat before drinking. Alcohol poisoning is more likely to occur if someone is hungry or dehydrated.